H-E-B Meal Maker Challenge, Week 4: H-E-B Frozen Vegetables
Posted on August 22, 2011
, by Mattie
. no responses
I am kind of sad to say that this is the last week in the Meal Maker Challenge. I have had such a blast creating new recipes for my family. This week’s ingredient is H-E-B Frozen Vegetables. There were so many options for creating a meal with veggies. I decided to make Shepherds Pie…something I’ve never made before! It was amazingly delicious, easy to make and my kids scarfed it down in no time.
Total Preparation and Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- dash of Black Pepper
- 2 cups frozen vegetables (Green Beans, Carrots, Corn…most recipes will call for peas, I substituted the peas with green beans and it was really yummy!)
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 cup of Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Cook Ground Beef and chopped onion (med-high heat) until beef is browned
- Drain grease
- Add can of Mushroom soup, veggies, ketchup, water, and pepper into skillet with ground beef and onions
- Cook until veggies are softened (med-high heat)
- Pour mixture into pie plate or small casserole dish
- Heat butter and milk in saucepan (med-high heat), remove from heat
- Add instant mashed potatoes to butter and milk while slowly stirring
- Pour potatoes over beef mixture in pie plate/casserole dish
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top (optional)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned (400 degrees)
The cheese is optional but really topped the meal off. As I stated above, this is an easy and delicious meal. I’ll definitely be making it more for my family.
I am competing with 7 other bloggers each week in this contest. Don’t forget to go to the HEB Facebook Page and vote for me, you can vote once a day!!
I will be receiving compensation, H-E-B promotional items and ConAgra products from H-E-B and ConAgra during this challenge.
HEB Meal Maker Challenge, Recipes,